The SAGE champion team always sends others scrambling to get better!
To compete in SAGE Competitions students need to:
- Be a SAGE school student
- Form a team of at least 3 students
- Be between 13-19 years of age
- Meet SAGE Benchmarks (See Handbook)
- Choose to compete in SEB or SRB business category
SAGE World Cup 2016
Watch Video Watch Video Watch Video Watch Video
SAGE World Cup 2016: Relax for champions (Eng)
SAGE World Cup 2016: Award ceremony (Eng)
SAGE World Cup 2016: Best entrepreneurs battle (Eng)
SAGE World Cup 2016: ?ountry day (Eng)
How SAGE Competitions Work:
- Student teams travel to a state, regional and/or national competition.
- SAGE teams will be assigned to “leagues,” just like in athletic competitions.
- Each team presents their written reports and live presentations in front of the audience and the panel of judges.
- The SAGE team that is rated the highest is known as the State/Regional/National SAGE Champion.
When are SAGE Competitions?
- State usually takes place between February and July
- Regional usually takes place between February and July
- National usually takes place between February and July
- World Cup usually takes place July or August.
Socially responsible businesses are always legally structured as for-profit businesses; they do not directly address social needs through their products or services or through the numbers of disadvantaged people they employ; instead, they create positive social change indirectly through the practice of corporate social responsibility (e.g., paying equitable wages to their employees; using environmentally friendly raw materials; providing volunteers to help with community projects; and so on).
Social enterprises directly address social needs through their products or services or through the numbers of disadvantaged people they employ; they can be legally structured either as for-profit businesses or not-for-profit businesses, but in either case must have an earned income strategy in place.
A country coordinator may choose to hold “sub-national” tournaments prior to its national tournament.
The winner of each sub-national competition advances to the National SAGE competition.
The SAGE World Cup usually takes place during July or August each year.
More details about the competition can be obtained by downloading the SAGE Information Handbook.