The SAGE champion team always sends others scrambling to get better!
- When are SAGE Competitions?
- How SAGE Competitions Work:
- To compete in SAGE Competitions students need to:
- State usually takes place between February and July
- Regional usually takes place between February and July
- National usually takes place between February and July
- World Cup usually takes place July or August.
- Student teams travel to a state, regional and/or national competition.
- SAGE teams will be assigned to “leagues,” just like in athletic competitions.
- Each team presents their written reports and live presentations in front of the audience and the panel of judges.
- The SAGE team that is rated the highest is known as the State/Regional/National SAGE Champion.
- Be a SAGE school student
- Form a team of at least 3 students
- Be between 13-19 years of age
- Meet SAGE Benchmarks (See Handbook)
- Choose to compete in SEB or SRB business category
Socially-responsible business (SRB):
Socially responsible businesses are always legally structured as for-profit businesses; they do not directly address social needs through their products or services or through the numbers of disadvantaged people they employ; instead, they create positive social change indirectly through the practice of corporate social responsibility (e.g., paying equitable wages to their employees; using environmentally friendly raw materials; providing volunteers to help with community projects; and so on.
Social enterprise business (SEB):
Social enterprises directly address social needs through their products or services or through the numbers of disadvantaged people they employ; they can be legally structured either as for-profit businesses or not-for-profit businesses, but in either case must have an earned income strategy in place
A country coordinator may choose to hold “sub-national” tournaments prior to its national tournament.
The winner of each sub-national competition advances to the National SAGE competition.
The SAGE World Cup usually takes place during July or August each year.
When I began SAGE as a sophomore, I was shy and quite afraid of public speaking. Through SAGE, not only was I able to gain confidence but I was able to start my own business and help people around the world.
-Allie Marasco, SAGE student, Co-owner, Small World Publishing