Dear SAGE National Coordinators and Friends,
See note below, from SAGE Africa Continental Coordinator, Mr. Agwu Amogu, providing details of the SAGE World Cup 2013 tournament, starting 7 August and ending at noon on 12 August.
We wish to thank Agwu and his entire SAGE Nigeria staff for agreeing to host this year’s event.
Some of you have expressed concern about security measures. Please see letter attached. This letter should be helpful in assuaging any concerns of SAGE students, parents, mentors, and sponsors. I should emphasize that there were no security problems at all when Abuja served as our host city in 2008.
I am confident that Nigeria will, once again, be an excellent host.
Once your country has identified its SRB and SEB champions, and determined who will travel to Abujua, I urge to seek travel visas (tourist) and, where applicable, obtain required vaccinations (e.g., yellow fever). Please google Nigeria visa information for details about entering Nigeria from your country.
If you have any specific questions about the SAGE World Cup venue, please contact Agwu or Chinwe, his assistant. Their emails are cc’d here.
Of course, if you have any questions that can be answered by the SAGEGLOBAL home office, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
All my best,
A Note from Our Nigerian Coordinator Agwu Amogu
- Address of hotel accommodation and event venue is:
Sheraton Abuja Hotel
Ladi Kwali Street Maitama Abuja
- We are providing accommodation and feeding for 13 people per country- 6 SEB, 6SRB and 1 country coordinator. This means a total of 7 rooms per country with two teams and 4 rooms for a country with 1 team.
- For over flow delegates, the cost for registration will be $1,850 for single occupant. Double occupants will be $900. Covering ALL meals and ALL activities.
- Check in is on 7th August and check out is 12th August.
- We are about to the RAISE the bar again for future SAGE World Cups.